[fpc-devel] symify.pp broken

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Fri Apr 4 08:04:16 CEST 2008

On 3 Apr 08, at 20:39, Robert Riebisch wrote:

Hi Robert,

> As ugdbdos.zip\examples\gdbint\symify.pp is still broken and doesn't
> fully suite my needs, I'd like to rewrite some parts with focus on DOS,
> but I want to be sure, that this new version will be included with PP
> later. So do you have any advises for a fresh contributor?

Considering that FPC is a multiplatform compiler, general advice is
to think how to make the tool at least prepared for support of other
platforms with similar needs. If a new tool is really needed (see
response from Peter), it's probably useful to discuss the
expectations and needs here to make sure the resulting tool is
useable by other people having similar needs.

Tomas