[fpc-devel] extending platform flag request

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Sep 27 17:53:35 CEST 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Павел Ишенин wrote:

> Hello, FPC developers' list
>
> I had discussion with Marc about how to mark some properties as widgetset
> specific (and show them in object inspector as specific for widgetset 'xxx').
> As result of discussion we found easy solution - mark that properties with
> platform flag, but platform flag should be extended to support list of
> platforms.
>
> Examples:
>
> TMenu = class(...)
> published
>  property Detachable: Boolean read ... write ... ; platform carbon qt; { or it
> can be platform 'carbon,qt' or another easier way }
> end;
>
> As result of such declaration RTTI for TMenu will have platform list array
> with values 'carbon' and 'qt'. If there was no array of platforms in
> declaration, then only platform flag will be set in  RTTI with empty array of
> platform list.
>
> What fpc developers think? Is it hard to implement?

I think it's better to implement a string message dispatcher for this
instead of adding RTTI (which is already bulky as it is). Do not forget
that the widget set is very lazarus specific, and has nothing to do with
RTTI or even the OS/CPU platform that the compiler knows.

So as far as I'm concerned, this is more of a no-no.

Michael.