[fpc-devel] GDB barfs on FPC generated stabs.

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Sun Sep 9 15:26:56 CEST 2007

> As for the stabs/crash problem, I've tried creating a few small test
> projects to reproduce it but so far have succeeded only with the very
> large application we're porting (which while it runs fine with Delphi
> has numerous other unrelated bugs from FPC's point of view).
> I'll send an example project if/when I can create one.

I'm aware of 1 issue that crashes GDB. That issue is related to printing huge arrays. Printing or
indexing an array declared with 'array[0..high(longint)] of byte' will crash GDB, because it tries
to allocate that much memory which is not available.

For the rest GDB with stabs is stable and used everyday in development of FPC and Lazarus.

Peter