[fpc-devel] FPC 2.2 online documentation problem

Schindler Karl-Michael karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Wed Sep 5 10:50:28 CEST 2007

Hi

Am 5. Sep 2007 um 09:44 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

> Hi
>
> Looking at the online documentation at:
>   http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/prog.html
>
> The html navigation seems to be broken. I remember a few months back
> someone also raised such a issue and was under the impression it was
> fixed.

It was me reporting it. However, I did not check or remember, whether
it has been fixed since then.

> Is this a recurring problem or was the original issue never
> fixed?
>
> Let me explain.  Using the above website.

: Details of the problem explained deleted.

> 7 Linking issues
>
> Michael, I'm not dissing your documentation efforts. :)  The content
> is great.  I just think the LaTeX to HTML conversion has some major
> issues?  DocBook HTML navigation seems to be much simpler.  Isn't
> there a LaTeX to DocBook to HTML path we could follow?  Or use a
> different LaTeX to HTML converter?

When I tried the make html locally, the result was perfect. So, I do
not think there is a general problem and a different tool/way is needed.

> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

Regards - Michael Schindler aka mischi.