[fpc-devel] property syntax extension

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Oct 19 11:45:13 CEST 2007

On 19 Oct 2007, at 11:21, Micha Nelissen wrote:

> Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> On 19 Oct 2007, at 11:00, Micha Nelissen wrote:
>>> Elaborate please ? You mean debugging of the compiler, but don't
>>> you always work on new compilers ? When debugging, you could copy
>>> the ppu to the "old" RTL if you're using an old RTL with a new
>>> compiler ?
>> My global install of FPC 2.2.0 does not include this unit.
>> Compiling it with 2.2.0 and adding it to my global installation is
>> what I consider needlessly complex
>
> This was not my intention. I thought you meant with "debugging
> difficulty" you were trying to debug the RTL by comparing the
> compiler behaviour with two different RTLs or so.
>
> Since the compiler is always compiled using its own RTL

This is not true. You can perfectly compile a compiler using the
previous' release rtl. E.g. the people developing using the fp IDE
often do this (because they have a project for the compiler, but that
one does not automatically compile the rtl). A while ago, Peter
removed several dependencies of the compiler on the new rtl (related
to endian swapping routines) for this reason.

Jonas