[fpc-devel] property syntax extension

Inoussa OUEDRAOGO inoussa12 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:35:03 CEST 2007

> It is a strong point.
>
> On the other hard keeping the language clean is an important responsible
> task we have. We never planned to be compatible with Delphi.NET. (I have
> never considered Delphi.NET a real Pascal implementation; it departs
> rather far from what Wirth designed). While .NET features will spread to
> native code I'd like to consider native code features only. Some may
> originate from .NET in the end, and can be considered, but only because
> thy have become native Delphi features.

I have a great respect toward FPC devel team. And I do
anderstand and respect that FPC team do not plan to be
compatible with Delphi.Net.

But IMHO, if a new langage feature have to be introduced,
a feature already implemented in Delphi, it will be good
to make it compatible.   Mainly for code sharing.

--
Inoussa O.