[fpc-devel] Odd question?

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Oct 18 16:21:50 CEST 2007

On 18 Oct 2007, at 16:17, mm wrote:

> The inlined code shouldn't be much bigger than the calls to "Odd
> ()". So,
> why aren't they inlined? Is there a reason you did so?

It's because the Odd function is an assembler function, and the
compiler can't yet inline assembler functions. I guess this stems
from the time that the compiler was not very good at inlining nor at
removing stack frames. I would probably be best to simply remove all
assembler implementations of Odd() from the rtl so the generic Pascal
version is used instead (which can be inlined).

Jonas