[fpc-devel] xlib method parameter names

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:03:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

The h2pas tool obviously didn't know about parameter names when it was
used. Not sure if it does now.

All xlib methods that have parameters are defined as; para1, para2, para3 .....

I've redefined some of the more frequently used functions in fpGUI so
the parameter names match those of the Xlib documentation.  This makes
it much easier to work with.

// example of a redefined function with more well know parameter names
function XmbLookupString(p1: PXIC; ev: PXKeyPressedEvent; str: PChar;
    len: longword; ks: PKeySym; stat: PStatus): longint; cdecl; external;

If h2pas now supports parameter names, could we regenerate the xlib.pp
unit?  If h2pas still doesn't, could I submit a few patches that
renames the parameter names?  It's wouldn't affect any developers
code, only improve the understanding of the parameters easier.

Regards,
  - Graeme -