[fpc-devel] {$Interfaces Corba} and TInterfacedObject

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:27:43 CET 2007

On 29/11/2007, Marc Weustink <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:

> I only know that a corba interface needs to be identified somehow
> otherwise it cant be looked up. (which can't atm)
> Be it through GUID, name or vtm.

So based on all these discussions on Corba interfaces, I can only make
one conclusion. FPC's Corba interfaces support is not ready yet.  So
I'll stay with COM based interfaces and remove reference counting if
required.

BTW:
I searched the FPC and Lazarus code and couldn't find any
TNonRefCountedObject class (or something with a similar name).  I have
seen many implementations of such a class on the internet and
everybody seems to implement it in the same way.  Wouldn't it then be
a good idea to add such a class into the RTL for convenience.  Why
must every developer always reinvent the wheel if they want
non-reference counted COM interfaces.

Regards,
  - Graeme -