[fpc-devel] {$Interfaces Corba} and TInterfacedObject

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:28:03 CET 2007

On 29/11/2007, Thorsten Engler <thorsten.engler at gmx.net> wrote:
> to another interface implemented by the same object (Or back to the object
> for that matter).

I guess to get back to the Obj instance, you could let your ISomething
interface implement "function Instance" which returns the Obj
instance.  That's a old trick used in Delphi code with COM interfaces.

> As for why your call to Supports fails, Supports internally gets Iinterface
> (if implemented) from the object and then calls QueryInterface to get a
> reference to the interface you actually asked for. That naturally only works
> with COM interfaces.

Well in that case, shouldn't the compiler give me a error when I use
Corba interfaces and try and use the Supports() method.  That would be
the logical thing wouldn't it, since Supports() would then *never*
work with true CORBA interfaces.  Don't give the clueless developer
false hope. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -