[fpc-devel] NullAsStringValue definition

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:26:30 CET 2007

On 21/11/2007, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Never heard of this. Where is it supposed to be and what is it supposed to
> do ?

I never heard of it before either, until today.  :-)  In the Kylix 3
help is mentions something like this.... The value stored in the
NullAsStringValue variable represents a NULL as a string.
By default it is a blank string.

So I guess if you want to represent a NULL value differently, you can
set it to say: '<null>'.  I guess it works like the ShortDateFormat
and friends variables.

I don't have Kylix or Delphi on this (home) pc, but will look at work tomorrow.

Regards,
  - Graeme -