[fpc-devel] .NET Reflection vs RTTI

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 20 11:06:37 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Thorsten Engler wrote:

> > Easy: look up the method in RTTI - you'll get the address.
> > Push all arguments on the stack (see Remobjects/Innerfuse
> > PascalScript on how to do this, you need some assembler for
> > it), and return result value.
> >
> > 2 days, tops.
>
> You are funny.

Maybe, but I also think you don't recognize sarcasm/scepticism
when you encounter it. Next time I'll put it in big letters in
front of it, so it's more clear.
(Obviously I'm the only one seeing it, and that is a serious
remark...)

Let's make something clear:

I'm not trying to convince anyone here. I just am absolutely
not convinced that all this has any practical use whatsoever
other than for people writing a runtime engine.

Hence the scepticism.

Oh well, I must be more clear. Lesson learned.

Michael.