[fpc-devel] .NET Reflection vs RTTI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:50:02 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody has sufficient knowledge in this (I don't).
Many developers that moved over to the dark side (.NET) using
Delphi.Net or C# always rave about .Net Reflection and how much better
it is to RTTI.

Anybody actually know what is better?  What limits are they talking
about in RTTI?
I have used RTTI extensively in my work and I don't seem to have any
issues with it, but clearly I am missing something!

I've also heard of people like Joanna Carter (well know in Borlands
OODesign newsgroup)  that has used Delphi (win32) and wrote her own
meta-framework instead of using RTTI to overcome some of the issues
with RTTI?
Would it be beneficial to investigate this and maybe implement such a
new meta-framework directly into FPC if the need is there?

Regards,
  - Graeme -