[fpc-devel] copyright infringement in FPC code

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 21:51:03 CET 2007

On 13/11/2007, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:

> In many cases two people trying to implement the same relatively simple
> behaviour will end up with code that differs in little more than
> variable names and spacing without needing to copy.

What I found in Lazarus code so far was that somebody _was_ peaking at
the Delphi code at some stage. Numerous methods have variables
declared with the exact same names, type and order or appearance.  I
don't believe that was a coincidence.  Good news is that that's where
the similarity ends (well in the units I checked). Importantly, the
method bodies seem to be implemented differently, except for the very
elementary methods.

Regards,
  - Graeme -