[fpc-devel] fpmkunit

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 13 13:28:47 CET 2007

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:21:36 +0100 (CET)
> "Peter Vreman" <peter at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>
>> This is by design to prevent dependening on local configuration when
>> building and installing packages. It forces the user to add all
>> options and dependencies to fpmake.pp
>
> Can fpmake be used for programs/libraries too?
> They need the linker options of fpc.cfg.

For fpmake we can use the same algorithm as currently used in the generated Makefiles.

Depending on a fpc.cfg is not an option for installing packages from a repository. That will give
more problems than it solves. E.g. people having -Mdelphi in the fpc.cfg and the package expects
-Mfpc, because that it the compiler default.

Peter