[fpc-devel] copyright infringement in FPC code

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Nov 13 11:07:19 CET 2007

> I have heard that there is software that can do code comparisons to
> find infringements (I'm thinking of a article between Linux and Minix
> code).  Anybody got such a program available so we can possibly do a
> automated comparison.  I'll try and find out what was used to compare
> Minix and Linux code.
Using this software to find out and eliminate "stolen" code sequences in
a way that the software will not find them sounds more like trying to
obfuscate something...

OTOH if two intelligent persons get a not too complex task (e.g. write
some lines of code) they are very likely to create a similar solution.

-Michael