[fpc-devel] fpmkunit

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 13 09:21:36 CET 2007

> After reconsidering the -n option. It should depend on the "-f /
> --config=" option.

The --config and -n are indepdenent. The --config can be used to supply a configuration for
fpmake. The -n is for the compiler configuration.

>> I've been playing around with fpmake again and came to the conclusion
>> that it exhibits some strange behavior (at least I think so)
>>
>> The -v option gave me the following fFCl command that was executed;
>>
>> fpc -n -FUunits\i386-win32\ -Fu..\..\src\ -Fuunits\i386-win32\*
>> myexample.pp
>>
>> 1. What strikes me is that the command line has the option -n in it.
>> It appears that this command line option is hard coded in
>> TBuildEngine.GetCompilerCommand. I strongly believe it should become a
>> property named DefaultConfigFile which is by default set to True ie no
>> '-n'.

This is by design to prevent dependening on local configuration when building and installing
packages. It forces the user to add all options and dependencies to fpmake.pp

>> 2. -Fuunits\i386-win32\* I did not explicitly added this path. fpmake
>> just takes this path by default. Is this desired behavior? I tend to
>> believe not.

I guess this is a wrong default setting for either LocalUnitDir or GlobalUnitDir. Code for that is
not tested yet under win32.