[fpc-devel] fpdoc TOC link in HTML output

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 9 11:04:30 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same annoyance with my generated docs for fpGUI, but I'll
> the FPC html docs as an example.
>
> The Free Pascal TOC page is
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/index.html
>
> The FCL docs are
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/index.html
>
> The RTL docs are
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/index.html
>

> Once you view the RTL or the FCL docs, there is no link back to the
> TOC page!  You can got to the beginning of the Package (top right link
> on each page), but never to the TOC page and most generated docs that
> use Packages have a TOC page.
>
> I propose we address this issue.
> 1)  A quick work-around would be to parse all the generated html and
> manually insert the link. LUFDoc (help for the PSP or Powtils web
> utilities) do this this and is amazingly quick, but it's a bit of a
> hack.
>
> 2)  Or we could add some parameter to fpdoc telling it the title (or
> maybe it's always TOC) and the location of the toc page (normally this
> would be '../index.html').
>
> What's your thoughts on this?  Any better suggestions?

You can use the 'search' link mechanism for this, or the suggestion of Vincent.

In general, I think we should add a --header option or --headerfile option
which will be used to insert a text before or after the link to the package
(the [#rtl])

This is a small addition, I'll see about implementing it.

Michael.