[fpc-devel] Setting the compiler to always use gas

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:53:09 CET 2007

Hello,

It seams that Gnu assembler does produces object files compatible with
CodeWarrior Linker, and fpc internal assembler does not. So, I would
like to set the symbian compiler to always use GNU As.

On i_symbian I see those lines:

            assem        : as_i386_pecoff;
            assemextern  : as_gas;

Being that the assemblers are declared like this:

     type
       tasm = (as_none
             ,as_gas                   { standard gnu assembler }
             ,as_i386_as_aout
             ,as_i386_coff
             ,as_i386_pecoff
             ,as_i386_elf32
             ,as_i386_pecoffwdosx
             ,as_m68k_mit
             ,etc

Am I write to think that as_gas means using GNU As as external
assembler, and that as_i386_coff is a Internal Assembler? So, to set
fpc to always use external assembler, I would change those lines to:

            assem        : as_gas;
            assemextern  : as_gas;

And if not, what is the nice way of telling fpc to always use gnu as?

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho