[fpc-devel] Re: strange error with arm compiler when compiling-running this code

Roozbeh GHolizadeh roozbehid at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 22:52:22 CET 2007

> Use -Xe, this looks like a known bug of the elf
linker with constant
> data sections.

doing so i recieve sigsegv in setthreadpriority,bt
shows this
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000112ec in SetThreadPriority ()
#1  0x00011270 in CreateThread ()
#2  0x00011270 in CreateThread ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt
stack?)

this is asm list file and where i get error with -Xi

; Function compile flags: /Odt
; File e:\fpc\projects\fribidi\cobj\test3\testpchar.c

	AREA	|.text|, CODE, ARM

|findname| PROC

; 12   : {

	sub       sp, sp, #4
|$M98|

; 13   :
; 14   : //return strcasecmp (namestructs[0].name);
; 15   :
; 16   : return namestructs[0].name[1];

	ldr       r0, [pc, #0x14]
	ldr       r1, [r0]
	ldrsb     r2, [r1, #1] //!!! here error!
	str       r2, [sp]
	ldr       r0, [sp]

; 17   : }

	add       sp, sp, #4
	mov       pc, lr

> Use -Xe, this looks like a known bug of the elf
linker with constant
> data sections.
and what we can do about this known bug?