[fpc-devel] re: using generated obj files with vs or gcc in fpc?

Roozbeh GHolizadeh roozbehid at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 18:17:49 CET 2007

>>The problem is the name mangling. Try to declare it
like:

>>function toupper(ch :
integer):integer;cdecl;external name 'toupper';

>>... if the external name is 'toupper'. It might also
be '_toupper'. You =

>>can check this with objdump.
>>
>>Dani=EBl

Well actually my problem is c object files use toupper
function and i want to declare it in my pascal file.
(i know it is very easy to being implemented in c..but
now just for curusity.)

so declaring external is reverse of what i want to do.
I also tried with _toupper.didnt work,although i
turned off underscoring of exporting function in c
compiler.

also tobjdump says unknown file.i cant dump c compiler
generated .obj files.

regards,
roozbeh