[fpc-devel] Project building

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jun 6 22:00:21 CEST 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Darius Blaszijk wrote:

> I'm already thinking a long time about creating a tool similar to ant. There
> is already fpmake which could be used to process information read from xml.

fpmake does not process any XML. On the contrary, we plan to get away from
any XMl/ini/makefile format - all is done in 100% pascal code.

> Were there any plans ever to create a similar frontend?

The current fpmake/fppkg setup is designed so it can be incorporated
in any existing tool. In fact, when I created fpmake, I made it such
way that it could easily be incorporated in a visual tool.

Michael.