[fpc-devel] Location of objective-c runtime headers

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jul 23 18:08:48 CEST 2007

On 23 Jul 2007, at 17:41, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I translated the objective-c runtime headers. Those headers are the
> core connection to objective-c and necessary to bind directly to any
> objective-c library, such as Cocoa. The objective-c runtime API
> provided by Apple is unique to Mac OS X. On other platforms there is a
> similar API, but there is no guarantee that they are compatible, so
> this should only be compiled for Mac OS X.
>
> Where should this be placed on the free pascal sources?
>
> packages/extra/objc ?

I think FPC svn is the wrong place as primary repository for this,
they should be added to the Common Pascal Interfaces svn (just like
the universal interfaces) so they can also be easily used and
enhanced by the people working on the GPC-compatible versions of the
headers. Peter N Lewis on the mac-pascal list is the administrator of
that repository.

Jonas