[fpc-devel] Changes in Forms.pas takes no effect - What can i do

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:20:44 CEST 2007

On 7/22/07, Andreas Maier <andy1.m at web.de> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a solution for some TScrollBox-Bugs. Therefore i have
> to change Forms.pas. But the Compiler doesnt care. I didn't find
> something in Google and in the Wiki. Perhaps i've overlooked something.

Do you mean forms.pas from LCL?

If so, open Lazarus, go to the menu Tools --> Configure Build Lazarus

put LCL to clean+build and everything else to none. Choose the
widgestet and rebuild.

Next rebuild your application.

You need write access to be able to rebuild LCL. Something you
normally won't have if you install Lazarus using a RPM package.

Since patches should be build against the latest lazarus, I suggest
using subversion.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho