[fpc-devel] How to build Win32 FPC compiler for linux-arm devices?

Daniël Mantione daniel.mantione at freepascal.org
Wed Jan 31 00:01:45 CET 2007

Op Tue, 30 Jan 2007, schreef Vincent Snijders:

> Daniël Mantione schreef:
> >
> > Op Mon, 29 Jan 2007, schreef Michael Schnell:
> >
> > > For compiling for ARM a cross compiler is necessary anyway,
> >
> > Yes, but, the big difference is that the ARM cross compiler for Linux is
> > an official FPC release and therefore useable without digging into the
> > compiler build process. Simply download 2.0.4 for ARM and ready you are.
> >
> > There is one big thing I forgot totally forget about in my original
> > e-mail: Francesco Lombardi did build and upload a Win32 -> ARM Linux
> > crosscompiler snapshot sime time ago:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/snapshot/v21/arm-linux
> >

> What is the best way to let the compiler find the arm-linux shared libraries
> that it needs for linking?

Don't use shared libraries :) Seriously, I don't know, this totally
depends on the exact ARM device. A Thecus like Florian uses will likely
run a glibc system, but a more limited device like the GP2x will likely
use an embedded libc, uclibc is very common on ARM devices. An uclibc
distribution in a directory could be a good approac.

Daniël