[fpc-devel] How to build Win32 FPC compiler for linux-arm devices?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sat Jan 27 13:47:21 CET 2007

Paul Nicholls schreef:
> Hi all,
>    I would like to try and rebuild FPC to create a Win32 cross-compiler to
> create linux-arm programs so I can see if I can develop for the GP2X
> handheld linux computer.
>
> I have seen various posts around the net on cross-compiling and building
> cross-compilers and am totally confused :(
>
> Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to building a cross compiler that
> will
> run under Windows to make linux-arm programs?
>
> I know where to get the FPC source and the linux-arm cross compiler from
> the
> freepascal site, but am totally stumped as to where to go next.

A couple of weeks back I create a cross compiler installer for arm-linux.

I did not announce it (yet), because I have no good solution for the
linking problem. You need to supply the libraries (e.g. libc.so) for
arm-linux at compile time.

If you want to try what I made, download
ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/cross/Lazarus-0.9.21-fpc-2.1.1-20070104-cross-arm-linux-win32.exe

Vincent