[fpc-devel] Some compiler changes...

Aleš Katona ales at chello.sk
Tue Jan 23 11:12:43 CET 2007

On Ut, 2007-01-23 at 10:46 +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Well, ask them to support FPC, and code in FPC syntax.
>
> Why would we always have to follow them  ? We were first on Linux,
> on all other platforms, we were the first with native 64 bit support,
> we were the first to introduce a number of new things. (which they
> of course implemented differently after that).
>
> That makes a pretty good case for them following us, and not we
> following them.

I agree. I'm starting to feel sick of all the compat crap you guys put
up with playing the bitch of delphi. The problem is that now delphi is
the bitch of .net so I think wisest would be to implement 100% compat up
to delphi 7 and be done with it. Then just document the fact and point
people to mode objfpc and our new stuff.

You know I'm open to new things but I think doing compat past D7 is in
99% a waste of time resources and impurification of the language
(most .net guys won't go to fpc anyhow, they'll eventually switch to C#)

> Michael.

Ales