[fpc-devel] Some compiler changes...

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Jan 23 10:22:54 CET 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Thorsten Engler wrote:

> I also want to point out that I'm in no way proposing of adding this to any
> of the existing modes. I've added it to a new mode Chrome. As for "why do
> you want to get rid of...", for the same reason you do anything that you do
> in $mode delphi. Because THEY already did it. (Just in case anyone doesn't
> know what Chrome is and thinks I'm inventing a new language myself here:
> http://www.chromesville.com/ ).

I know what chrome is since the day remobjects started it :-)

But, the 'importing identifiers' from another language is a false argument;
With a simple rule (prepend with _) you have this too. It can even be
automated. You don't need to butcher the language for it;

Why would language A butcher itself in order to accomodate importing
language B ? Only commercial people can think of such a thing...

It's like Mercedes saying 'Well, the star symbol on the hood is optional.
You can replace it with the token of BMW'. No way that will ever happen.

As for compatibility with Delphi: Yes. Up to a certain degree.
If we're going to do this, we'll have to do a lot of other things as
well, which have been refused till now...

Michael.