[fpc-devel] THREAD Programming IN FPC

Tue Jan 9 18:50:02 CET 2007

Jason P Sage wrote:
>> First, why the random capitalization ?
>
> I capitalize based on words I'm trying to stress like I would in speech.

Capitals are usually read as shouting, so I'd recommend to either leave it out, or use the more common /italic text/, *bold text* or _underlined text_ when you really need to put emphasis on a word for disambiguation. (I.e. surround the word or wordgroup by / /, * * or _ _; some email clients will even display text in the intended style.)

> I don't know what AFAIK means but I do understand what you mean here.

AFAIK it mean As Far As I Know ;)

BTW Interesting question about the thread safety of ansistrings; it also applies to other ref-counted stuff like dyn. arrays. If it is not thread-safe, I recommend to make appropriate calls to UniqueString.

Regards,

Bram