[fpc-devel] Incompatibilities between win32 windows unit and wincewindows unit

Yury Sidorov jura at cp-lab.com
Sun Jan 7 12:10:08 CET 2007

From: "Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho" <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>
> I am porting fpgfx to Windows CE. During this work I noticed a lot of
> incompatibilities between win32 windows unit and wince windows unit.
> Trivial stuff, like a parameter is var on win32, but is a pointer on
> wince.
>
> Is there any special reason why it´s like that? Should we try to get
> both units as compatible as possible? Can I send a patch for that?

The parameters incompatibility between win32 and wince exists because Delphi compatible declarations are not complete.
Look into rtl/wince/wininc/redef.inc file. Currently it has only few wince redeclarations. Please uncomment/fix needed
redeclarations of API functions and create patch. wince/win32 ifdefs need to be removed at all from this file.

> PS: Did anyone test trunk subversion fpc with windows ce? does it work?

As Oliver said current trunk is stable for wince target.

Yury Sidorov.