[fpc-devel] 0010465: CsSubComponent component properties not streamed

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Sun Dec 30 18:51:28 CET 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007 07.17:19 Micha Nelissen wrote:

> I still don't see why you can't assign Owner? You will have to free that
> tifisocketclient in tsocketclientiochannel anyway.

Because it should not be integrated into the ownership/loading/loaded system
in this case. There are other reasons for other components I don't remember
exactly at the Moment. There was something with inherited submodules (MSEgui
TFrame equivalent) and restreaming of inherited forms IIRC.
I think the suggested and now implemented NIL check is a good solution and we
don't need to argue further. :-)

Martin