[fpc-devel] FP 2.4 questions

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Thu Dec 27 13:43:35 CET 2007

> Popular business languages (C++, Java, etc.) don't have package support,
> so apparently, packages aren't a decision maker for companies to select
> their programming language.

Because object pascal (OP) is NOT like other languages. That's why we
love it or we won't use it at the first place. ;)

> Of course, this does not exclude that some Delphi users highly
> appreciate the feature, and it could be a significant plus for fpc, but
> I am convinced it plays a micro-role in the total picture.

It's micro-role in the total picture of software business, it's correct.
Anyway, OP is a niche language and won't fit the "total picture". But
for OP developers or software business that came from Delphi background
this feature is a must-have.

I also vote for it. Yes, I can live without it. But my life would be
nicer and easier if it exists. :-D

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com