[fpc-devel] FP 2.4 questions

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara pascalive at bol.com.br
Wed Dec 26 22:28:44 CET 2007

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Luiz Americo Pereira Camara schrieb:
>

>> It would not be possible to ship the compiler and rtl as is today  and
>> let the user/programmer decide if his project will use packages?
>>
>> Or necessarily, if the change is done, the only option will be use
>> packages instead of unit files in all projects,  including fpc?
>>
>> If there will be a option i'm in favor of shipping fpc as is today and
>> let the programmer decide if will use or not.
>>

> This is possible, but it simply doubles the size of the installer.

Maybe you did not understand.

My idea is *not* give the option to the programmer use the fpc rtl as
package. It would be forbid to use the fpc rtl as package.

The feature would be available only for programmer own projects.

Did i miss something, technically? Is necessary to compile with rtl
packages to distribute custom packages?

Luiz