[fpc-devel] Light weight threads for FPC

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Dec 17 16:03:31 CET 2007

> I think that modifying the language to incorporate MPI would be
> extremely difficult and would be so near the bleeding edge of computer
> science
I assume that language support for any kind of parallel processing is
hard to do That is why some days ago I said that I don't think that
anybody will start to implement this (some kind of "parallel" keyword)
any tome soon.

OTOH, doing _explicit_ multithreading (and thus multiprocessing with OS
support) and integrate this in a more "Delphi-Language" like way than
TThread can be done with no or (for a little bit more straight forward
use) with just a little support from the language itself. That is why I
suggested the EventThread / ThreadEvent paradigm. (which of course is
not "light weight").

-Michael