[fpc-devel] serial unit for windows and linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:29:24 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm creating a Phone Dialer feature in my application. No MAPI
features - simply to dial the phone given a number. Good old ATDTxxxx
commands.

I've written code to use the Windows API, but remember a while back
the mention or a unit 'serial.pp' for Linux and a port for Windows.
I'd much rather use cross-platform units that start using IFDEF's it
my code.

Can anybody confirm if the serial.pp unit for Windows is now part of
FPC? Which version: 2.3.1, 2.2.2?

The one mentioned was:
  http://www.luisdigital.com/programacion/fpc/serial.pp

I'm using FPC 2.2.0 which I believe doesn't contain a 'serial' unit
for Windows, but no harm in planning ahead for the next FPC release.
:)

Regards,
  - Graeme -