[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Dec 11 09:58:30 CET 2007

>> I don't suppose that anybody will start implementing real parallel loops
>> like suggested on the wiki page any time soon.
>>

> The examples are very artificial to demonstrate the problems.
> Some real world examples / tutorials should be added on a new page. Parallel
> algorithms are seldom taught in books/schools/university, so programmers are
> not used to them. This is slowly improving.

By "implement" I mean the creation of the _FP_compiler_. Of course for
FP _users_ it would be _great_ to be be able to use parallel sections
and I do suppose there are very decent applications for this. But I
don't suppose that anybody any time soon has enough spare time to update
the compiler to be able to automatically create parallel code. That is
why IMHO "thread events" are more likely to be born.

> Everywhere. :)
>
> For example search for 'thread' and add at the bottom or in between a short
> sentence with a link, like 'Another approach is ...' or 'Threads can
> communicate via TEventThreads too, see ...'.

OK. I'll try to do this.
I had _hoped_ for a more automated feature of the wiki software :(.

-Michael