[fpc-devel] Parallel Computing

Vinzent Hoefler JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Mon Dec 10 13:35:35 CET 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 12:54, Michael Schnell wrote:

> IMHO the "parallel" idea is hard to implement, as the compiler needs
> to heavily support it.

Nonetheless, this was what this wiki page was about: Proposals for
parallel *language* constructs (especially WRT to the C-centric OMP
spec).

BTW, I didn't have time to look at your proposal, but once I
got "procedure of thread" you're quoting here, I'd expect the language
to take care of (most) synchronization issues, much like the "protected
object" in the Ada language does.

Vinzent.