[fpc-devel] TComponent has no Loading() method

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:40:05 CET 2007

On 10/12/2007, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> You're not supposed to set loading. Loading should only be set when reading
> components from stream.

Why not?
I don't use streaming in my GUI Forms Designer or applications, but
need to setup the component to a know state!  Yes, I can create my own
property, but I don't see the point, when I am going to mimic
ComponentState exactly, so why can't I use ComponentState.

After all - what I want to do is set and check the component's state
to make sure certain events don't fire while I populate the component
or work in the Forms Designer. Same thing gets done with csUpdating
and csDesigning and yet I have access to the later (via Updating,
Updated and SetDesigning).  Why not Loading?  We already have Loaded?
Such a change would also not break any existing code, but would make
TComponent more flexible.

Regards,
  - Graeme -