[fpc-devel] linking errors: libdl.a "mismatch"

Alvise Nicoletti alvise.nicoletti at siteland.it
Mon Dec 3 12:32:31 CET 2007

Hi...

I have to bother you to solve that problem... Compiling I get that errors:
/usr/lib/fpc/2.2.1/units/x86_64-linux/rtl/cthreads.o: In function
`CTHREADS_LOADPTHREADS$$BOOLEAN':cthreads.pp:(.text+0x11): warning:
Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the
shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/bin/../lib/libdl.a(dlopen.o): In function `dlopen': undefined
reference to `__dlopen'
/usr/bin/../lib/libdl.a(dlclose.o): In function `dlclose': undefined
reference to `__dlclose'
/usr/bin/../lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o): In function `dlsym': undefined
reference to `__dlsym'
PoolPatrol.lpr(185,1) Error: Error while linking
PoolPatrol.lpr(185,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

The problem is for sure related to my installation, but contacting the
ubuntu forums was useless and also google don't helps.
That file, libdl.a, is probably a lib used only in
compiling/cross-compiling by developers so I'm having difficulties to
find informations about it.

I probably need to reinstall it, cause overwriting the file with it's
backup that I did some days ago didn't resolve the problem...

Do someone knows if it's contained in some lazarus .rpm file or if it's
downloaded from the distro repositories?