[fpc-devel] Some more work on the BeOS port

Olivier Coursiere olivier.coursiere at laposte.net
Thu Aug 30 00:49:50 CEST 2007

Hi all,

This summer i took some time to run the testsuite on my BeOS version. It
help me fix a lot of bugs. Some of then were even preventing me from
running tests.

I also made some cleanup in the BeOS rtl by removing 5 include files in
the BeOS directory (osposixh.inc, unxsysch.inc, unxsysc.inc, sysfile.inc
and sysdir.inc). Those files came from older versions or didn't need to
be BeOS specific anymore in the libc based RTL.

Here is a patch containing the result of this work :
http://olivier.coursiere.free.fr/diff/fpc_beos_r8298.zip

This zip file contains 4 files :
 - rtl.diff : contains differences with revision 8298 (trunk/rtl directory)
 - packages.diff : contains differences with revision 8298
(trunk/packages directory)
 - tests.diff : contains differences with revision 8298 (trunk/tests
directory)
 - tests_test_cg_obj_beos.zip : contains the objects files compiled with
gcc under BeOS needed by some test cases.

With this patch i have less than 50 failed test cases. Most of then are
related to threads or shared object generation.

Regards,

Olivier