[fpc-devel] Compiling on OSX and case sensitive filesystems

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 23 00:25:56 CEST 2007

On 23 Aug 2007, at 00:00, Marc Weustink wrote:

> Target by target and tonight I came to the last: OSX.
> And there I noticed that the ppcppc 2.1.5 compiler stopped
> searching for Lower/Uppercase unitname variants, so it cannot
> compile my lazarus sources anymore (while 2.0.4 happily does)
> Is there a way, flag, option, define, whatever to turn this
> behaviour back on ?

No. The whole case sensitivity handling in the compiler is pretty
broken by design currently, as it's hardcoded per OS based on the
most common situation under said OS and not configurable in any way
(although most OSes nowadays support case insensitive, case-aware and
case-sensitive file systems).

Your issue is caused by the implementation of a directory cache in
the compiler since 2.0.4, which for systems defined as case-aware did
not keep track of the original file name casing. Your issue is
probably fixed/worked around in 2.3.1, but that change will not be
merged back to 2.1.5, because it was quite invasive. It will however
be in 2.2.2

Jonas