[fpc-devel] Object Pascal books

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Aug 21 23:40:59 CEST 2007

> I saw Marco Cantù's Essential Pascal. But the book seems to assume you
> have you have Delphi ( the IDE).  I was looking for GUI free code
> examples that I can compile with FPC. Are there no other alternatives?
The FPC alternative to Delphi is Lazarus. Check out
www.lazarus.freepascal.org and download a binary for your system.
Lazarus is similar (but not entirely the same) to Delphi. Normally
though (like in the examples from Cantu) you will be able to compile the
exact code from Delphi in Lazarus. If you have issues with code, then
please let them know here.

Darius