[fpc-devel] fpdoc HTML with search feature

Micha Nelissen micha at neli.hopto.org
Sun Aug 19 16:47:10 CEST 2007

Jonas Maebe wrote:
>> Ah yes. This is indeed a limitation one has to work with.
>
> I think that in general, this means you simply should not do that, as it
> will make your program look out of place and not fit in the other apps
> and the rest of the OS. It will probably make your program harder to use
> rather than easier, because it doesn't look like people expect it to look.

I agree with you in principle, but I do want to point out that I (and
thereby, I assume Graeme also) was talking about bugs in the general
sense, not the 'missing feature' sense.

Especially on the Windows platform, where Office does not abide by any
Windows GUI rule at all it seems, and everybody follows Office, that
surely blurs the distinction between genuine bugs and missing features.

And there are also the features that work orthogonally, that can be
added without compromising 'default feel', which is ok to be added in
general if wanted, IMHO.

Micha