[fpc-devel] fpdoc HTML with search feature

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:12:33 CEST 2007

On 16/08/07, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at quicknet.nl> wrote:
> > If you develop for a single platform you shouldn't have any issue. Our
> > products need to run under Windows and Linux, and this is where the
> > problems started.
>
> I am a bit disappointed to hear this.

And so were we experiencing it.  :-)

> > 1) We have experienced events firing in different order depending on
> > the platform. This makes event handling very difficult.
>
> It is hard to get right, but we make are best attempts to fix these kind of
> inconsistencies, if they are reported.

Oh I don't argue that and yes I have reported many bugs already! Even
fixed a few. I think all the LCL developers have done an amazing job
so far. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to even out all
the widget set differences and get a common set of functionality in
the LCL - _plus_ make it as Delphi compatible as possible. That is no
small task!  I think the design choice to use native widget sets was a
very ambitious one. Not realizing how different widget sets can be and
that maybe implementing their own Lazarus widget set would have been a
much easier and quicker task. Just see how much I have accomplished in
only 6 weeks (though I'm not near the feature list of LCL yet).

> I hope you don't blame us for making bug fixes ;-)

:-)  Not at all. Bug fixes are always welcome, as you know.

Regards,
  - Graeme -