[fpc-devel] fpmake manifest question

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Aug 15 22:57:36 CEST 2007

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Darius Blaszijk wrote:
>

>> When looking at the manifest I came across some variables that are not stored
>> in the manifest file. Are these decided to be not in, or do they need to be
>> implemented?
>>
>> Directory (is this the package installation directory, what about platform
>> dependence?)
>>

> Is not important. fppkg will know the directory.

OK.
>> License
>>

> This could be stored. Not the whole license (understand: the complete LGPL text or so),
> but a single sentence describing the type of the license.

The license property is just a string type. Anyone can put in anything
he/she likes. I would also prefer only a simple description, but there
is no way to prevent whole licenses with the current implementation.

> They don't need to be stored, as fpmake contains them.
>

>> Are there any others?
>>

> I think not.

Fine, then please consider the following patch.

The patch additionally has:

- FPC version is not initialized to 2.0.4 by default but takes the
FPCVERSION include
- Fixed TPackage.GetFileName when no version is set

Darius