[fpc-devel] BlackFin

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Apr 16 21:17:35 CEST 2007

Michael Schnell schrieb:
> Florian, Thanks a lot for discussing this !
>> Well, this depends how good one wants to make such a port ...
>>
> In this case the (first version of the) port does not need to be very
> "good" (in the sense of creating optimized code), but of course the
> compiler needs to produce correct code that performs what had been
> expressed in Pascal.
>
> Do you think, it could be doable to create a not very optimized compiler
> ? I would join the team, but as I'm new to compiler construction, I
> don't think I can start that project by myself.

Coding the compiler part isn't that hard. I can do this, I did the
initial arm port within a few weeks. The more annoying part is doing the
debugging and find the things being broken.

If you're interested, start a wiki page with some information where to
get docs, tools, info about calling conventions etc.