[fpc-devel] win64 on trunk broken

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Fri Apr 13 22:35:48 CEST 2007

Florian Klaempfl schreef:
> Jonas Maebe schrieb:

>>> Just a quick update, I tracked down the revision that broke it:
>>> r6855.
>> Note that this revision did not break win64, it only changed the
>> conditions under which that IE is triggered (previously it was when you
>> converted a string to an array of char with a size <= 8, after that it
>> was when converting to an array > 8). r6915 should have fixed that win64
>> bug. Apparently it didn't, although it was tested by several people with
>> win64 before I committed it.
>>

> For me make clean all works?

For me it works too.

Because I need to RTL and packages with debug info and want compiler and
utils without debug info, I need to compile in steps, first cycle the
compiler and then compiler rtl and packages and then the utils.

After another day of looking for the differences between make clean all
and my build script, it turned out something stupid: I was not using the
just cycled compiler, but a 2.1.3 compiler from another directory
(copy/paste error).

I want to apologize for the false alarm and I am sorry that others spent
time to investigate this report, while there was nothing wrong with the
fpc sources.

Vincent