[fpc-devel] Issue with Critical sections

Ivo Steinmann ivo_steinmann at gmx.net
Thu Apr 5 10:25:25 CEST 2007

Sergei Gorelkin schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I was porting to Linux some Windows code which uses critical
> sections API, and got 'Identifier not found' error on InitializeCriticalSection and
> DeleteCriticalSection symbols. After searching through RTL code, I
> discovered that abovementioned functions are named InitCriticalSection
> and DoneCriticalSection. At the same time, the EnterCriticalSection
> and LeaveCriticalSection are not renamed, so code using them compiles
> without errors. Why this inconsistency? Should I supply a patch that
> adds Initialize/DeleteCriticalSection as aliases for
> Init/DoneCriticalSection?
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

I reimplemented whole threading- and sync code in fpc RTL, including
Threadvars. My patch is very very big and need to be discussed in core
first. But all your problems will be solved.

I hope I can start the discussion on core soon, but I know it will be
endless. The user side of the RTL will 99% compatible to the old
version, but there's a complete reimplementation required for the
platfrom dependant code.

Just stay on...

-Ivo Steinmann