[fpc-devel] Re: makeskel fails to parse file

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:18:39 CEST 2006

I haven't used Kylix 3 Pro for over a year. I had my copy of Kylix
fully patched - not sure if that made a difference.  The IFDEF's did
work at that stage though. Strange I guess, seeing that yours doesn't.
 If I remember correctly, I got all those ifdef's from the Indy
project.

Anyway, Kylix wasn't my issue as I use FPC now.  I now removed all
traces of Kylix out of my projects.  I just thought I would mention
here that that bit of IFDEF's caused makeskel to crash.  Since I
removed it, makeskel works against my code.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

On 14/09/06, Pete Cervasio <cervasio at airmail.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 07:06, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>
> > Still not sure what in the IFDEF LINUX caused the problem though...
> > Does makeskel and FPC support the "If Declared(...)" syntax?
>
> This might not be a big help with your specific problem, but the set if IFDEFs
> doesn't quite work the way it looks like it's expected to, at least not in my
> copy of Kylix 3.
>
> >       {$IFDEF CompilerVersion}
>
> I believe this should be  {$IF DECLARED (CompilerVersion) } instead.  If I use
> the above $IFDEF, I always get the result that it's undefined unless I define
> it myself.
>
> I hope this is helpful,
> Pete C.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1