[fpc-devel] GO32V2 Graph Bug?

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Sep 10 22:34:49 CEST 2006

On 10 Sep 06, at 21:27, Daniƫl Mantione wrote:
> Op Sun, 10 Sep 2006, schreef Steve:
>
> > I downloaded FP not long ago and have been trying to shift over and add some
> > things a Borland Pascal program that controls stepper motors for a cnc
> > machine (needs Dos for critical timing of motor pulses). I looked in the
> > list of bugs that were being worked on and didn't see a Graph bug listed for
> > the DOS GO32V2 ver of FreePascal. Basically any program I try to run that
> > has Graph in it gets a 216 error. 3 different computers, 2 with Win 98 in
> > Dos mode, one with Dos, all with video cards that support vesa and can run
> > the Borland program with Borlands Graph and Vesa16.bgi. Is this a bug or me
> > doing something wrong?
>
> It can be a or it might not be. Nobody of the Free Pascal team is actively
> using Dos, but when we checked it worked. However, you are not the first
> one reporting graph problems.
>
> The only thing I can recommend is to download the graph source code and
> debug it to try to find out where it goes wrong. Once we know what causes
> it we might be able to fix it.

Actually, the problem is known (see
http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=7338
or bottom of
http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/Issues_2.
0.4) and not really specific to just one unit
(although unit Graph is known to be affected). I
guess that it might be useful to have a look at
register allocation and stack changes, but I
didn't manage to find time for doing it yet. :-(

Tomas